Care of Flexible Materials for Vehicles
Care Guide - Flexible Sheeting for Vehicles
Refer to these guidelines for years of trouble-free usage of flexible magnetic products for vehicle surfaces.
The vehicle’s surface should be solvent-free waxed a minimum of 48 hours in advance before applying magnetic sheeting. For new vehicles or newly painted vehicles, allow approximately 90 days for the paint to cure before applying magnetic sheeting. Wipe the surface of the vehicle with a clean, dry cloth before application and make sure that all grime, dust and dirt have been removed.
- Apply flexible magnetic sheeting when the temperature of the magnet is near room temperature or about 68° F.
- Carefully align one edge of the flexible magnetic sheeting to the vehicle’s surface. Start at one end and roll the magnet out, across the surface of the vehicle for best alignment.
- Allow the remainder of the sheet to apply itself to the vehicle’s surface.
- If not aligned correctly, completely remove the sheeting and start over.
- Do not allow air pockets to form under the sheet.
- Do not pull or drag the sheet to realign it. This can damage or stretch the material.
- Do not place magnet over molding. It must be completely flat to prevent damage from shearing off of vehicle at highway speeds.
- Magnetic signs should be removed before going through a car wash.
Remove flexible magnetic sheeting periodically to guard against moisture and dirt buildup. Weekly removal from the vehicle is recommended to ensure that the vehicle and the magnetic sheet surfaces are clean and free of roadway debris. Dirt trapped between magnetic sheeting and your vehicle can damage its finish.
日本经典三级片Clean flexible magnetic sheeting as well as the surface to be re-applied with a mild detergent, wipe with a soft cloth and allow to dry. This helps to lengthen the life of your flexible product and protects the surface of your vehicle.
Store flexible magnetic sheeting in a clean, dry area. If rolling, roll with printed or non-magnetic side out. Store on end to avoid any flat spots. If storing flat, store on a clean, smooth, flat surface. When stacking, do not stack magnetic side to magnetic side due to the potential of wrinkling caused by improper pole alignment. Do not lay product on the ground because the magnet will attract fine iron particles that are in dirt and asphalt.
Avoid repainted surfaces, non-metallic body fillers and wood grain vinyl siding.
日本经典三级片Flexible magnetic sheeting is not recommended for horizontal placement, such as on the hood or roof of your vehicle. Using the magnet horizontally may result in plasticizers migrating into the vehicle's paint.
Note:日本经典三级片Failure to follow this clean and care guide may cause damage to the applied surface and/or the magnetic material. Master Magnetics, Inc. is not responsible for any damage caused by abuse, misuse or the failure to follow this clean and care guide.